Monday, April 18, 2011

Hard at Work


Albert and I have been working in our backyard. We wanted to extend our patio space so that we can have more room to sit when company comes over and to sit out there ourselves so we can enjoy the view.

We took out the old railroad ties so that we could put in new retaining walls. The railroad ties were rotted through and snakes liked to get in them, so I was happy to see them go! We loaded them up in the back of my truck - I love my truck!!

We were fortunate enough to get dirt from the Goode's. They built a pond, so they had extra dirt!! We got 4 truck loads from them! Off loading dirt sure reminded me of how old I am! It was HARD work!! But we got it done! And once again I must say, I love my truck!!!

Here are my stepping stones. We laid down a weed barrier and then put the stepping stones in place. I had to walk over them over and over again just to make sure they were in their right spot. Then we got 3 truck loads of River Rock to put on top of the barrier. Once again - I love my truck!!

Here is the brand new seating area! Albert is going to make the boot into a fountain for me. After that is completed, I will take more pictures. It is truly a blessing to have a husband who works so hard and likes to do home improvement jobs with me!

I will be adding more pots and plants (I got some new plants from my mother-in-law, so I will be adding them to this spot very soon!) and I also have to find a couple more chairs and the project will be totally complete! We are going to try it out for Easter when we have the entire family here - can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, more plants? Can't wait to see them. Glad y'all are home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete