Thursday, March 11, 2010

Salute To Our Troops


Yesterday Tara and I were able to attend the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. We had a really wonderful and exciting time! We were able to park in the Yellow Lot for only $5 and then we were able to walk 5 miles just to find the person who we needed to check in with and receive our tickets - the reason I know that it was 5 miles is because Tara and I are wearing pedometers right now to see how many steps/miles we take in a week. Let's just say, my boots were made for walking - thank goodness!!!

I guess I didn't realize that I didn't take any pictures of animals while at the Rodeo, so this horse statue behind Tara will have to do for my proof that we were actually at the Rodeo - ha! The grounds of the Rodeo are very nice (believe me, we covered all the grounds just to get to that woman!).

My baby, a soldier!



So, let's play a game. What is missing in this picture?? You can tell that Tara is in the picture and she is turned sideways - she has done this for a reason. Tara had washed her uniform and forgot to put her patches back on - well, let me tell you - 3 different people (soldiers) went out of their way to let Tara know this! In this picture, she is missing her flag on her right arm. This one guy came running after us, he was all, "you forgot your flag". Tara said, "yes, I know that". So, then he proceeded to ask her if she had another one on her and said some other things to her, I think he was going to get on to her; so then I just simply asked him, "Do you have another one that she can borrow?" That made him all flustered (I don't think he was expecting me to talk - see he was actually a higher rank than Tara), not sure if he was going to be polite or not, but he was and said, "no, mam". So, here I am thinking, why would you bring up that question to Tara about having another flag? Don't you think that if she did, she would have put it on? Obviously soldiers don't carry around extra flags because if they did, then you would have had a spare to give to Tara. Anyway, let's just say, when Tara and I are together, we sure have some interesting adventures!!!


We went to our seats and every time Tara got up, she borrowed a friend's flag so that she would no longer be harassed about not having one.


If you ever have the chance to ask Tara about this story, it is a good one - ask her to share her side of it! :)


After the all the calf roping, steer wrestling, bull riding and barrel racing where over, the Air Force had men repel from the ceiling with our beautiful flag in tow. It was truly a wonderful night and Texas, along with the Rodeo, sure do a wonderful job of making sure our troops know how much we appreciate them and all they do for this great country of ours! May God bless America!





3 comments:

  1. love the story and pictures and love that everyone is blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the blogging too! So, I bet Tara never leaves home without her flag again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol yeah its not something i usually do...didnt even notice...sorry for trying to ensure i have a clean uniform! lol

    -Tara

    ReplyDelete