Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Colic

Well, this morning after feeding the girls (horses), my border, Kristin, came knocking at the door. Her horse, Star, was laying down and not eating. Fearing this was colic, we called around and spoke with a vet to see what to do next. Yep, colic! Actually we are not sure if it is just colic or also dehydration. Star doesn't drink much water as a rule anyway. So, what happens next?? Well, you get to walk the horse until it can poop - yep - you read right - so an hour and half later - still no poop! Star does look better and we are very happy that we caught her in time.

I have to get ready for work, Kristin is still walking Star. Ah, what a morning! I usually have coffee and e-mail time after mucking out stalls - guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to enjoy my morning that way.

Oh, and I also get to run by the feed store and pick up Sand Clear - need to make sure all the horses get some of that - sure don't want any more mornings like this one!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. It's nice to see you in the blog-o-sphere. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, is everyone feeling better today? I forgot to ask you.

    ReplyDelete