Friday, April 13, 2012

Question Everything

This is a quote attributed to Albert Einstein and is in a new book that I am reading, "change your questions, change your life".

In the first couple of chapters you meet the character, Ben, who was the "answer man" at work and now he finds himself as the person who has no answers.

He is going to a mentor of sorts, per his boss's request, and now he has to Question Thinking.

The thought process here is that you have to find the right questions to find the right results. One example of this is back in the days when nomads walked from water hole to water hole, living in tents and constantly worrying about where they will be getting their next water for their livestock and their families, their question was, "where is the water?". Well once they changed their question to "how do we get water to us?", cities where born, crops were grown, life was different.

Ok, how do I apply this to my journey, my path. Well, I am not sure as of yet, only on chapter 3 - lol - but I am excited to see where this book will take me.

I have found my strengths (although I need to go and review them), I have seen what a good general does (although I need to read more of the book, "The Art of War") and now this book.

Also this morning in my Bible reading, God challenged me to defend the defenseless and stand up for the underdog. This is what I want to do. My question is HOW?

But is that the right question? Is that going to show me my path? What question is it that I am really asking? I know this - God, what is it that You want me to do? Do I continue the path where I am or start something new? How can horses be incorporated in all of this? Are they supposed to be? What is my next step?

I have questions, but don't believe I am asking them in the right way! I am hoping that the Lord will reveal to me what to ask and how to ask it as I read this book. Stay tuned - it may get interesting! :)

On another note, Albert and I are taking our youngest on a college tour today. I am excited to see what path the Lord has for her and to be able to share in this journey with her!

Thank you once again for sharing this journey with me! Stacy

1 comment:

  1. That is too deep for my poor little brain today! Hope the visit goes well. We will miss you at dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete