Friday, February 24, 2012

A Long Week

This week has felt very long to me. After getting home from NY and then trying to get back into my routine, I am just feeling tired. Although I have been to a couple of websites that I feel are part of my journey, I am not sure how I am feeling after reading about what they have done and if this is my journey as well or if mine is a bit different (I am thinking a bit different).

I sort of feel like I have stalled a bit, not sure which direction to go at this moment. I also think I feel this way because I was asked a question that started me thinking....

"If you could have your ultimate dream life where money didn't matter, what would that life look like?"

I know dreaming and goals are very important, but I don't think this was a good question for me to ponder on. I am better at walking through the doors that God has opened and then reflecting back on what He has done and how He has blessed my family and myself.

It is too easy for me to get caught up in the clouds of dreams that aren't somewhat realistic - I can become depressed and upset because of what I don't have instead of grateful over what I do have!

So, I need to shake this off and get back into my search for what my journey is, get back into reading the "Art of War" and asking God what to do next for my journey.

I also need to listen to the sermon from last week, that will get me back into the book of Nehemiah. That is where my focus needs to be.

I also want to make it clear that God can give us our heart's desires and if that meant a life where money didn't matter, ie: I was a millionaire; then He could do that. I just need to take things one step at a time and not have my head so far in the clouds that I can't walk on the ground. It just works out better for my personality.

Ok, so I need to get back to focusing on Him, where He is leading Albert and I, and what to do next.

Oh, and this is all right before Rodeo starts up, so there is no telling what frame of mind I will be in over the next couple of weeks - lol - I love the rodeo - I love the cows and horses - all the events. Going on Saturday (tomorrow) to watch bull riding! The fun begins!

Wonder what part the Rodeo will play in my journey! Looking forward to see what God does next!

Stacy

1 comment:

  1. That question is one for someone like me who can't seem to reach outside of what is right in front of me. I need to learn how to dream! On the other hand, you are capable of dreaming easily. Happy travels on the journey!

    ReplyDelete