Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fun Toy


Charley and I saw these cute little chairs at Lowe's. You place a cob of corn on them for the squirrels. At first they didn't eat the corn because they had bird seed to eat - silly squirrels!

Then one day I saw one hanging upside down from the tree to grab a piece of corn - it was too cute - hence the photo!
He would then run up into the tree to eat his lovely corn. Albert was giving me a hard time because I wanted to get 2 more chairs. I do have 2 more trees that they would look so cute in! They also come in different colors - always need more bling for outside!
Well, I finally got to see a squirrel sitting in the chair and so then was able to let my hubby know how important it is to get more chairs - ha! I think we will be invaded by squirrels - but right now - I am enjoying watching them.
We have so many beautiful birds out here as well. I never considered myself a bird lover, living in Katy we had the wrath of Mocking Birds, but out here - wow - they are amazing and so different and beautiful. Next stop to the bookstore to buy a book on birds. I want to know their names and be able to tell Charley what each one is.
For now the birds, squirrels, rabbits and deer run our land as if it was their own. I guess I don't help when I buy food to keep them around - but hey - it is such a blessing to go outside and enjoy what the Lord has created!
Stay tuned - more chairs to come!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. too cute...i remember those days...don't really miss them now...enjoy

    ReplyDelete