Sunday, March 21, 2010

Brooks & Dunn


Yesterday was really a great day! Fonda picked up Albert and I about 8:15 AM to go to the Poultry Auction breakfast and then attend the auction. Albert and I didn't bid, but Fonda, Paul and Jenn did. It was so much fun watching them and everyone else bid on the chickens and turkeys. Some of the kids did the chicken dance, push ups or brought out gift baskets to entice bidders.

Albert and I at the rodeo. It turned sooooooooo cold on the first day of Spring. For our last time to the 2010 rodeo, I wanted to ride the rides, eat another corn dog or even fried zucchini but a cold front blew in along with rain, so after the auction we all headed inside to hopefully warm up. It was cold in our seats as well; but I didn't mind that much, I got to snuggle with my cowboy!

I really enjoy Brooks and Dunn; they put on a really good show! Not only do I like their songs, but also how patriotic they are!!


All and all it was a wonderful day! Having a great time with my hubby and girlfriends!
I figured out that I have been to the rodeo 8 times this year (counting the BBQ Cook-Off) - that is amazing to me! I have never been more than once (maybe twice) in previous years and last year didn't get to attend at all!
It was because of Robin that I was able to attend 7 of those times! Thanks Robin for such a fantastic Rodeo season! I hope to become more involved in the rodeo. I found out that they have a Quarter Horse Committee - now that would be right up my alley! Of course I still dream of barrel racing one day - will have to see if that dream can come true!

1 comment: